Businesses big and small are using Twitter for the purpose of creating and nurturing a community of loyal customers. If you’re not using Twitter, then your business is missing out.
Why Use Twitter for Business
- Twitter can be used as a customer service tool to increase customer satisfaction.
- Drive traffic to your website.
- Create a strong loyal community.
- Lead generation.
- Twitter can be used to research trends.
- Build brand awareness.
Types of Content
- Service or product promotion
- Brand promotion
- Polls, surveys, Q&A
- Curated content
- Your own content
- Event promotion
- Campaign promotion
Define the tools you will need to manage your Twitter account, post status and measure your performance.
Determine your timing and frequency by finding out when your audience is online and is most likely to engage with your tweets.
Research and use relevant general hashtags and brand hashtags unique to your brand.
Twitter for Business Checklist
- Optimise your Twitter Bio.
- Optimise your profile.
- Make sure your profile reflects your brand.
- Use hashtags
- Take your time to engage with your followers
- Tweet regularly
Twitter Marketing Tips
- Keep tweets short.
- Do not forget to use relevant #hashtags.
- Use mentions.
- Share your blog posts.
- Promote your tweets.
- Encourage likes and shares.
Twitter Image Dimensions
Do you have further questions on this topic? Drop us a line!