Who should advertise on LinkedIn?
- If you’re looking to hire people and would like to tap into LinkedIn’s network of professionals
- If you have a product or service that is beneficial to individuals and/or businesses
B2B marketing is usually the #1 when it comes to using LinkedIn as a platform.
The Pros and Cons of Advertising on Linkedin
- LinkedIn is best suited for B2B advertising because it’s a networking tool for professionals.
- LinkedIn users are more welcoming of ads.
- Targeting opportunities cater to a more detailed segment (job title, company name, industry, etc.) other than demographics.
- Higher CPC price compared to others
This is understandable since you’ll be reaching out to high-value traffic.
The Benefits of Advertising on LinkedIn (to Your Business)
- Tap into LinkedIn’s growing number of users
- You’ll be advertising to high-value traffic because it’s a network for professionals
- You have the freedom to target a wider range of audience and narrow down the categories
Type of Ads on LinkedIn
- LinkedIn ads are the ones you see on the side or top of the page.
- Sponsored updates are the ones you see in the newsfeed beside organic posts which are used to promote your content.
Setting up an Ad
What you need:
- LinkedIn account
- Target market persona
- Ad copy
- Visual content (optional)
- Video (optional)
A LinkedIn Ad has the following elements:
- Ad copy
- Destination URL
- Log in to your LinkedIn Account. If you don’t have one yet, create one by following this link.
- Create an Ad Account on LinkedIn
- Select Text Ads
- Enter the campaign name and select your language
- Create your ad
- Enter the URL of either your LinkedIn Page or your website
- Enter your headline
- Enter your ad copy
- Add your image
- Target your ad by adding in the elements of your marketing persona
- Enter how much you’re going to bid for the campaign.
- Approve your campaign.
- Enter your billing information
- Wait for LinkedIn to approve your campaign.
NOTE: You can create variations of your ad for split testing
A Sponsored Content has 2 types:
- Sponsored Updates where you create Company Updates to target LinkedIn users aside from your visitors and followers.
- Direct Sponsored Content is like a Sponsored Update, but your ad will not show up on your Company Page. You can create your content using the Campaign Manager.