There are a countless variety of social media management tools offering varied services [from free to
paid] with the promise of streamlining your social media marketing processes and making it easier to manage all your platforms.
With so many tools and services to choose from, it may sometimes pose a challenge for businesses to decide on which tool to use.
How to Choose the Right Social Media Management Tool
- Identify your social media marketing needs. The first step to choosing the right tool is to identify what you need it for. What marketing need should it satisfy? What process should it streamline?Below are some of the possible social media marketing needs your business may have:
- Social Media Analytics
- Streamline your Social Media Marketing processes
- To reduce time spent on marketing and increase productivity
- To help save time in content creation
- Identify the social media platforms you want to integrate into the tool.
- Determine your budget.
- List down all your options.
- Determine the pros and cons
To give you a general overview of what a social media marketing tool is and what it does, below is a list of widely known tools. Some of these, you may have heard of.
Hootsuite has been a mainstay in social media management tools offering useful features such as social media analytics and scheduled updates.
- Integrates to most social media platforms
- Suggested Content feature which curates contents and lets you post it to your social networks
- Schedule updates
- Team collaboration
- Customised analytics
- Advance Analytics reports are expensive
- Interface is not very user-friendly
CoSchedule is a social media content creation and editorial tool that lets you schedule social media and blog posts.
- CoSchedule can be integrated to WordPress. You can use it as a stand-alone tool or within your WordPress blog for social sharing.
- Analytics feature
- Ease of access to old blog posts for resharing
- Easy sharing of new blog posts for pormotions
- Social Media Content Calendar
- No integration to Instagram
Just like Hootsuite, Buffer lets you schedule social media posts across various social networks with the primary focus on scheduling social media posts and monitoring.
- Allows management of multiple accounts across various social networks
- You can set your own updating schedule or create buffering patterns for different days.
- Offers extensions, apps and extras enabling you to use it anywhere online
- Pablo enables you to create social media graphics
- Enables you to schedule retweets
- No integration to Instagram
- Only paid members can schedule Pinterest pins
Sprout Social is similar to Hootsuite in that it features publishing, team collaboration, and analytics monitoring.
- Discovery feature helps you track people you have interacted with and people who mentioned you in tweets.
- Real-time analytics
- Analytics reports are downloadable
- Limited number of social networks
- No integration to Linkedin