Why Advertise on YouTube?
- To increase brand awareness by tapping into YouTube’s global audience.
- You will pay only when your ads are viewed by users.
- YouTube is the second largest search engine after Google.
Benefits of advertising on YouTube
- Creating video campaigns is easy
- You can measure your ad performance through the analytics feature
- Set your campaign according to demographics, keywords and topics
- Tap into YouTube’s massive global traffic
- Get found on Google
- You can repurpose your old content
Types of YouTube Advertising Formats
These are ads that are mostly focused on desktop platforms. These ads are usually shown on the right of the featured video.
These are ads that are mostly focused on desktop platforms. These ads are usually shown as an overlay on the lower portion of a video.
Skippable Video Ads
These are ads that are mostly focused on desktop, mobile, television and gaming console platforms. These ads are videos played before, after or during the featured video which can be skipped after 5 seconds.
Non-Skippable Video Ads
Opposite to skippable video ads, these are ads that you must finish before, after or during the featured videos.
Long Non-Skippable Video Ads
These are video ads similar to non-skippable ads, but it can last up to 30 seconds.
These are ads that are mostly focused on desktop and mobile platforms. These sponsored cards display products relevant to or featured on your video.
Bumper ads are video ads focused on desktop and mobile platforms which are played before the featured video with the duration of up to 6 seconds.
Setting up your YouTube Ad
- Prepare the video you want to feature.
- Customise your ad settings. This includes your budget and target demographic.
- Enter your billing information.
- Launch your ad.