Mobile Analytics Tools
We all know that mobile has become a widely used device, thus making it a top priority for marketers. As such, it is important to track your mobile performance in order to help you create marketing decisions based on mobile.
Why Mobile Marketing?
- It has a high penetration of devices as compared to PCs
- It encourages engagement while on-the-go
- Mobile devices are the most used devices to surf the web, check emails and access social media
- It enables marketers to reach out to other people who can’t afford to buy PCs
Choosing Your Mobile Analytics Tool
There are a lot of tools available in the market and if you want detailed reports, most of them need to be purchased. To help you decide on what tool to buy, here are some the questions you have to ask yourself first.
- What data do I need?
- What are the marketing decisions I have to make that will be dependent on these data?
- Who are my target users?
- What platform are they on the most?
- How much of my marketing budget can I allot for this tool?
What You Can Use Mobile Marketing Analytics Data On
- Mobile Marketing Strategy
- SMS Marketing
- Mobile Commerce
- Mobile Advertising
- App Marketing
Mobile Analytics Tool Examples
To help you faster in deciding which mobile analytics tool to acquire, here is a list of some of the widely-used tools available:
1. Google Analytics
Quite possibly the most popular analytics tool of them all, Google Analytics has a wide range which includes letting you track your mobile marketing performance. One cool feature is that you can filter to see which of the users are iOS or Android users.
Localytics is a great tool you can use to get insights and understand your users letting you create and send compelling messages that resonate to your users. This is a fantastic tool if you want to base some of your marketing decisions based on mobile marketing data as it lets you see what works, what doesn’t work and what needs adjustments for greater success.
Another great tool for mobile analytics is Mixpanel. With this tool, you’ll be able to track mobile analytics and create segmentation reports.
Another mobile marketing analytics tool is Geckoboard. An awesome feature of this tool lets you monitor sign-up conversions from mobile.